- 500 ml water
- 750 g sugar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 250 ml water
- 100 g butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 g flour
- 4 eggs
- 800 ml oil for deep-frying
1. Boil 2.0 liters of water, some sugar, and lemon juice in a 16 cm pot. Boil for around 2 to 3 minutes, remove from heat, and let cool.
2. In a 20 cm pot, boil 2.3 liters of water with some butter and salt. Then switch to a low level, add the flour all at once, and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until a smooth dough is formed that lifts off the bottom of the pot. Continue stirring for approx. 1 minute.
3. Remove the pot from the hob, let the dough cool slightly, and stir in the eggs one after the other. Use the hand mixer’s kneading hook to mix until a shiny dough forms.
4. Pour 3.5 liters of oil into the 24 cm pot and heat it on level 6 up to the roasting window. Fill the pastry into a piping bag with a large star nozzle.
5. Squeeze the dough out into the hot oil in 5-6 cm long strips. Switch to a low level and put the lid on.
6. Deep-fry until the turning point is reached. Remove the lid, flip, and deep-fry until the pastry is golden brown. Remove and leave to soak in the syrup for around 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Remove from the syrup and allow them to dry on a paper towel. Deep-fry the rest of the dough in the same manner.
- Use tongs to set the dough strips down into the splattering hot oil.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.