- 1 kg prime boiled veal
- 1 onion
- 400 g soup base vegetables (leek, carrot, celeriac, parsley)
- salt, pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 400 ml water
- 150 ml cream
- 20 g capers
- 1 tbs cornstarch
1. Remove veal from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you intend to prepare it.
2. Peel and halve the onion, then cut into thin slices. Clean the soup base vegetables and cut them into small cubes or strips.
3. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch low level, pat the veal dry with a paper towel and roast it on both sides.
4. Remove veal from the pan and season with salt and pepper. Briefly sauté the onion and soup base vegetables as well. Add the water and bring to a boil.
5. Poke the cloves through the bay leaves and return them to the pot along with the meat. Heat on highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to low level and cook for approx. 80 minutes in the vegetable area.
6. Remove the meat from the pan and keep it warm. Strain leftover cooking liquid through a sieve. Return the strained liquid to the pan along with the cream and cook on high heat for approx. 5 minutes.
7. Stir the starch into a little cold water, then stir this mixture into the sauce and bring to a boil. Add the capers and simmer for about 2 minutes.
8. Slice open the meat and serve with the sauce.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.