- 4 very fresh egg yolks
- 75 g sugar
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- 250 ml strong espresso, cold
- 250 g ladyfingers
- 2 tbs cocoa
1. Beat the egg yolks with sugar and vanilla sugar in a blender until a thick fluffy cream forms. Stir the mascarpone until smooth and fold into the egg cream.
2. Place half the ladyfingers in the Lasagnera, drizzle with half of the espresso and add half of the cream over the top. Place the remaining ladyfingers on top, drizzle the remaining espresso on top and spread the remaining cream over the top.
3. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving.
- In summer, you can whip up a wonderfully fresh strawberry tiramisu with this recipe. To do this, simply replace the espresso with freshly squeezed orange juice and, if desired, some orange liqueur. Prepare as described and also layer in finely chopped strawberries.
- If you prefer a little lighter tiramisu, substitute the mascarpone for low-fat curd.
- In addition, you can round off the espresso by adding amaretto or brandy for soaking.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.