- 500 g strawberries
- 5 g gelatin leaves
- 40 g powdered sugar
- 100 g mascarpone
- 3 tbs Limoncello
- 1 egg white
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 ml cream
1. Clean strawberries, cut into small pieces and puree. Set aside about one-third of strawberry puree for decoration. Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water for approx. 10 minutes.
2. Stir remaining strawberry puree with powdered sugar, mascarpone and limoncello until smooth.
3. Remove the gelatin sheets from the water and let them drain slightly. Add gelatin to the pot and melt over low heat.
4. As soon as the gelatin has melted, take the pot off the stove and stir in about 3 tablespoons of the strawberry-mascarpone mixture. Then mix with all the strawberry cream and chill for about 30 minutes.
5. Beat the egg white with the salt until stiff and whip the cream until stiff. First fold the cream and then the beaten egg whites into the strawberry cream.
6. Pour strawberry mousse into four glasses. Chill in fridge, preferably overnight and let set. Spread the remaining strawberry puree over the mousse before serving.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.