- 750 g plums or damsons
- 1 organic lemon
- 50 g sugar
- 50 ml apple juice
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 400 g floury potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 200 g curd (low fat)
- 2 packages vanilla pudding mix (for cooking)
- 50 g raisins
- 2 slices bread for handling
- 1 ts cooking butter
- powdered sugar for garnishing
1. Clean the plums or damsons, pit and halve or quarter depending on their size. Zest the lemon peel.
2. Add the sugar to the pot, heat the pot on highest level. As soon as the sugar begins to melt, switch to a low level and lightly caramelize.
3. Deglaze with apple juice and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Add plums or damsons, a cinnamon stick and lemon peel. Put 1 tsp lemon peel aside.
4. Heat the pot on highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 8 minutes in the vegetable area. Remove the compote from the pot and clean the pot to prepare the curd dumplings.
5. Put the potatoes in the Softiera insert, pour approx. 150 ml water into the pot, and place the Softiera insert inside it. Cover with Secuquick softline and close.
6. Heat the pot on highest level up to the soft window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 12 minutes in the soft area. At the end of the cooking time, depressurize the pot and remove Secuquick.
7. Mix the potato mixture with the eggs, curd, pudding powder, remaining lemon zest and raisins. Cover and let rest for approx. 20 minutes.
8. If the batter is too soft, finely crumble 1–2 slices of bread and mix in.
9. Heat the pan on highest level up until the perfect temperature for roasting is reached. Switch to a low level, add fat and spread it around evenly.
10. Use two tablespoons to form small dumplings and place in the pan. Roast, turn and cook until done.
11. Keep the curd dumplings warm, make the rest of the dumplings in the same way and roast until done. If necessary, add a little more cooking butter and slightly increase the level. Plate with the compote and serve with powdered sugar sprinkled over top.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.