- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 75 g sugar
- 100 g flour
- 1 ts baking powder
- 80 ml cream
- 270 ml cream
- 150 g sweetened condensed milk
- 100 g sugar
- 100 ml cream
1. Cut out a circle of baking paper (approx. 26 cm Ø) with the help of a 24 cm lid and place it in the larger pot.
2. Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and sugar until stiff. Stir the egg yolks one by one into the egg mixture, then mix the flour and baking powder, sift over the egg mixture and fold in. Finally, stir in the cream.
3. Add the dough into the pot and smooth it out evenly.
4. Place the pot on the stove and switch to a low level. Place the Navigenio overhead and switch to a lowl level, bake for approx. 25 minutes.
5. Remove Navigenio at the end of baking time. Remove the pot from the stove and turn cake out onto a plate lined with baking paper (this will prevent cake from sticking after to the plate).
6. Remove the baking paper, prick the cake several times. Turn the cake back into the pan and prick it again from this side.
7. Mix the cream and the sweetened condensed milk. Using a spoon, spread the icing over the cake until the sponge is well soaked. Let cool for approx. 1 hour, then turn the sponge out onto the plate.
8. For the caramel layer, place sugar in the small pot and heat on highest level, once sugar begins to melt, switch heat to a low level and caramelize until golden brown. Pour in cream and simmer until caramel has dissolved again.
9. Allow the caramel to cool slightly and then spread on the cake. Chill for approx. 30 minutes.
- This caramell cake is the favourite recipe from our trainee Tijana and was developed by her.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.