- 80 g red lentils
- 100 ml vegetable broth
- 50 ml orange juice
- 25 g dried apricots
- salt, pepper
- curry powder (or AMC Exotica)
- 1 spring onion
- 1 carrot
- 8 small slices of Cheddar cheese
- 16 slices bread for toasting
1. Place the lentils, broth and orange juice in the pot, heat the pot on highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 10 minutes in the vegetable area.
2. Finely dice the apricots and stir into the hot lentils, season with salt, pepper, and curry powder, and allow to cool.
3. Clean the spring onions and slice them into thin rings; peel the carrots and coarsely grate them.
4. Spread the lentils onto half of the slices of toast, and then add the spring onions, grated carrots and slices of cheese to each. Cover with the remaining slices of toast and press down a little.
5. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, place the first four sandwiches in the pan, close with the lid and switch off the hob, and roast for approx. 1 minute. Turn over the sandwiches, close with the lid, and continue roasting until done for approx. 5 minutes.
6. For the remaining sandwiches, cover with the lid, turn up to the highest level and heat up the pan for approx. 1 minute. Put in the sandwiches, turn off the heat and roast the sandwiches as described.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.