- 1.2 kg pumpkin
- 300 ml apple juice
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 200 ml cream
- 50 ml amaretto
- salt, pepper
1. Overview of ingredients.
2. Peel and dice the pumpkin if necessary. Put dripping wet into a GourmetLine.
3. Using the Audiotherm, heat pot at highest level up to the vegetable window.
4. As soon as the Audiotherm beeps, reduce to low level and cook for about 15 minutes in the vegetable area.
5. Once the cooking time is over, add the apple juice, broth and cream, then puree the mixture with a blender until very smooth. Season to taste with amaretto, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Not only is pumpkin the perfect base for a delicious soup, it also contains a lot of valuable nutrients such as beta carotene (pro-vitamin A), minerals like potassium and iron, and plenty of filling fiber.
- Some pumpkin varieties (like the red kuri squash, also known as the “Hokkaido” pumpkin) do not need to be peeled before cooking. However, other varieties of pumpkin (including various types of butternut squash) have a very hard outer layer; the peel is technically edible, but only if cooked for an extremely long time.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.