Breaded kohlrabi schnitzel:
- 2 kohlrabi
- 30 g flour
- spicy paprika powder
- 1 egg
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 30 g grated parmesan
- 50 g butter
- 500 g sour apple
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small green chili
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 stalks peppermint
- salt, pepper
- 1 tomato
- 4 hamburger rolls
- a few salad leaves
1. Peel kohlrabi and cut crosswise into four about 1.5 cm thick slices (use leftovers elsewhere or nibble raw).
2. Pour about 120 ml of water into the pot, place the Softiera insert with the kohlrabi slices into the pot and close with EasyQuick with the sealing ring 20 cm.
3. Heat the pot on highest level up to the steam window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 8 minutes in the steam area.
4. Remove kohlrabi slices once the cooking time is over and let cool a little. Rinse pot with cold water and dry.
5. Peel, quarter, core and finely dice the apples. Peel the onion and garlic. Clean the chili and chop with onion and garlic.
6. Place the pot back on the hob, add sugar and switch to highest level. As soon as the sugar begins to melt, switch to a low level and lightly caramelize.
7. Add onion mixture and briefly roast, add apple cubes, mix everything and deglaze with the vinegar. Heat the pot on highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 5 minutes in the vegetable area.
8. Chop the peppermint leaves, add to apple chutney once the cooking time is over and season to taste with salt and pepper. Let the chutney cool until lukewarm.
9. Mix flour with a little salt and paprika powder on a plate, beat egg in a deep plate and mix breadcrumbs with parmesan on another plate. Coat the kohlrabi slices in seasoned flour first, then in egg and finally in the breadcrumb mixture.
10. Place the pan on the hob, switch to highest level and add butter. As soon as the butter starts to get frothy, distribute it around the pan and add breaded kohlrabi slices. Roast until the roasting window has been reached.
11. Switch to a low level and roast until the turning point is reached. Turn the kohlrabi slices and roast without lid until they are golden brown.
12. Clean and cut the tomato into slices. Toast hamburger buns to your liking and top with tomato, salat leaves, roasted kohlrabi and the apple chutney.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.