- 1 kg brisket of beef
- 2 onions
- 200 g carrots
- 1 parsley root
- 800 g beetroot (raw)
- 2 L meat broth
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, pepper
- 300 g white cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 750 g floury potatoes
- 50 g tomato paste
- 4 tbs red wine vinegar
- 8 stalks dill
- 150 g crème fraîche
1. Remove the brisket from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you intend to prepare it.
2. Peel and dice the onions, carrots, parsley root and beetroot.
3. Heat the pot at highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level, pat the brisket dry with a paper towel and roast it on both sides. Add the onions, carrots and parsley root little by little and continue to roast.
4. Add the meat broth, bay leaves and beetroot, then season heavily with salt and pepper.
5. Cover with the Secuquick softline and close. Heat the pot on highest level up to the turbo window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 40 minutes in the turbo area.
6. Meanwhile, clean and mince the white cabbage and bell pepper. Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes.
7. At the end of the cooking time, depressurize the pot and remove Secuquick. Add the remaining vegetables and potatoes, cover the pot with the Secuquick again and close the lid.
8. Heat the pot on highest level up to the soft window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 5 minutes in the soft area.
9. At the end of the cooking time, depressurize the pot and remove Secuquick. Remove the meat, allow it to cool slightly, slice off large areas of fat if necessary and chop the meat into small cubes.
10. Add the cubed meat and tomato paste to the soup. Season to taste with salt, pepper and vinegar. Remove the dill leaves from the stems and chop finely. Garnish the bowls of borscht with dill and serve with crème fraîche.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.