- 450 g flour
- 15 g fresh yeast
- 1/2 ts sugar
- 150 ml warm water
- 125 ml warm milk
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 ts salt
- flour for handling
- water for brushing
1. Place the flour in a bowl and hollow out a cavity in the middle.
2. Sprinkle in the yeast and add sugar, water and milk. Dissolve yeast while stirring and mix with a little flour.
3. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for around 20 minutes, until the mixture has visibly increased in bulk.
4. Add olive oil and salt and knead into a smooth dough with the rest of the flour. Let the dough rise again in a warm place, covered, for about 30 minutes until the mixture has once again visibly increased in bulk.
5. Form the dough into a round loaf and score the surface slightly. Cut out a circle of baking paper for the pot with the help of a 20 cm lid.
6. Place the pot on the Navigenio, switch to “A” and heat until the roasting window is reached.
7. Turn off the Navigenio, place the pot in an inverted lid, put baking paper in it, place loaf of bread on top and brush with cold water.
8. Place the Navigenio overhead and turn to the small level, then bake for approx. 22 minutes.
9. Switch the Navigenio to the large level, then finish baking, for around 2 minutes.
10. Remove the bread and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Adjust to taste with fried onions, chopped rosemary needles or finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.