- 1 L milk
- 30 g butter
- 1 ts salt
- 250 g semolina
- 2 egg yolk
- 100 g grated parmesan
- 50 g butter, melted
- 50 g Pecorino Romano, grated
1. For the gnocchi, put the milk in the small pot with the butter, salt and a little nutmeg.
2. Switch Navigenio to level 6 and bring the milk to the boil. Reduce to level 2 and whisk in the semolina, while stirring vigorously.
3. Cook the mixture while stirring, until it thickens and it loosens from the bottom of the pot as a lump. Remove pot from Navigenio, stir in egg yolks and parmesan.
4. Place the still warm semolina mass on a sheet of baking paper and form it into a long roll of about 40 cm with the help of the baking paper. Leave to cool well in the fridge (preferably overnight).
5. Cut semolina roll evenly with a large knife into slices about 1 cm thick.
6. Grease the large pot with a little melted butter. spread the semolina slices on it in a fan shape, sprinkle with Pecorino and drizzle with the remaining butter.
7. Place the pot on the Navigenio and on level 6 up to the roasting window
8. Place pot in the inverted lid, place Navigenio overhead and switch to low level, gratinate for approx. 10 minutes.
9. Switch Navigenio to high level and gratinate for approx 3 minutes until light brown.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.