- 750 g firm potatoes
- 1 ts salt
- 80 g butter
1. Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes. Using a clean tea towel or a double layer of kitchen paper, squeeze out the grated potatoes well until dry.
2. Mix the grated potatoes with salt in a bowl.
3. Add half of the butter to the pan, place it on the hob and heat the pan on highest level up. As soon as the butter begins to foam, add the grated potatoes, spread them out and press them down with a spatula.
4. Cover with the lid and cook until the roasting window has been reached.
5. Then switch to a low or medium level and continue cooking until the turning point is reached.
6. Remove the lid and check that the pancake is already slightly detached from the base of the pan and sufficiently browned. Slide the pancake onto a large plate and turn over using a second plate. Add the remaining butter to the pan. Return the pancake to the pan.
7. Dry the inside of the lid with a paper towel, put the lid back on and unscrew the Visiotherm to allow excess moisture to escape.
8. Cook the second side until it is golden brown. A potato pancake made from raw potatoes will take about 20 minutes in total.
- Not only do rösti taste best when fried with butter; due to its characteristic of starting to foam, it is also very easy to determine the right time to add the grated potatoes.
- If you don't need a plate to help you turn the pancakes, let the remaining butter melt into flakes on the unfried side just before turning and then flip the pancakes in the air.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.