- 2 trout (ready to cook, approx. 300 g each)
- salt, pepper
- 4 slices of untreated lemon
- 4 stalks dill
- 100 g wood chips for smoking
1. Remove the trout from the fridge approx. 30 minutes before preparation.
2. Rinse the trout with cold water and dap dry. Season the inside with salt and pepper and stuff the trout bellies with two lemon slices and two dill sprigs each.
3. Cut out a circle of baking paper with the help of a 24 cm lid and place it in the sieve insert and place the trout on top. Place the sieve insert with the trout on the pot and close with lid again.
4. Line the pot well with aluminum foil and put wood chips in. Place the pot on the Navigenio and heat on level 6 up to the roasting window.
5. Switch Navigenio to “A” and smoke for approx. 10 minutes in the 60°C program.
6. Serve smoked trout either immediately while still warm or cold – however you prefer.
- It will take a few minutes to reach the ideal temperature of 60°C for smoking. This wait is necessary for the Navigenio to heat in a particularly gentle way without allowing the temperature to get too hot.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.