- 500 g mutton pieces
- 2 tbs curd
- 1/2 ts turmeric powder
- 1 ts red chili powder
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 4 green cardamoms
- 5 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 200 g onions, sliced
- 2 green chillies, slit
- 2 ts ginger garlic paste
- 200 g tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ts red chilli powder
- 2 ts coriander powder
- 6 tbs coriander leaves, chopped
- 6 ts mint leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
1. Wash the mutton pieces well and squeeze out all the water. Marinate the mutton with all the ingredients mentioned under the marinade. Keep in refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Place the pot on the hob and set it at highest level. Switch on Audiotherm, fit it on Visiotherm and turn it till the roasting symbol appears.
3. When the Audiotherm beeps on reaching the roasting window, set hob to low level. Add whole spices, sliced onions, green chilli & roast till the onions turn light pink in colour. Add ginger garlic paste and mix well. Add the chopped tomatoes and close the lid, cook for 2-3 minutes, till tomatoes soften.
4. Finally add marinated mutton, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt to taste. Close the pot with Secuquick softline. Switch on Audiotherm, enter approx. 1 min cooking time, fit it on Visiotherm and turn until the turbo symbol appears.
5. At the end of cooking time switch off the hob and place the pot in an inverted lid and allow it to depressurize by itself.
6. Open Secuquick, put the chopped coriander & mint leaves in a layer on top of the cooked mutton. Add basmati rice as a top layer and salt to taste along with 1 ½ cups of water. Close the pot with Secuquick softline, add approx. 1 minute cooking time in the Audiotherm, fit it on Visiotherm and turn it till soft symbol appears.
7. At the end of cooking time, switch off the hob. Place the pot in an inverted lid and allow it to depressurize by itself. Serve the biryani with a raita of your choice.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.