- 600 g pork strips
- 400 g pineapple (can)
- 200 g leek
- 2 carrots
- 1 ginger
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 150 g mushrooms
- 2 ts cornstarch
- 2 tbs fruit vinegar
- 4 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 2 tbs apricot jam
- sambal oelek
1. Remove the pork strips from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you intend to prepare them.
2. Drain the pineapple, making sure to collect the juice in a container, and cut the pineapple into small pieces. Clean the leek and slice it into thin rings. Peel and cut the carrots into very thin slices.
3. Peel and finely grate the ginger. Clean and slice the bell peppers. Clean the mushrooms with a brush or cloth and cut into slices.
4. Heat the pot at the highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level, pat the meat dry with a paper towel and sear it in batches, then remove from the pot.
5. Add the carrots, bell pepper, leek and mushrooms little by little and continue to cook. Add the ginger and cook everything for about 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
6. Add the meat and pineapple chunks. Stir the cornstarch into 50 ml of pineapple juice, then stir this mixture into the sauce. Add the vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and apricot jam.
7. Heat the pot at the highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level, and cook for approx. 10 minutes in the vegetable area.
8. Once the cooking time is over, season to taste and serve.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.