- 80 g dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 2 tbs black olives
- 1 tbs capers
- fresh oregano and basil
- 8 slices bread (e.g. country bread)
- 250 g buffalo mozzarella
- 4 eggs
- 180 ml milk
- salt, pepper
- 60 g chopped parmesan cheese
1. Let the dried tomatoes drain and finely chop with black olives, capers, oregano, and basil. Spread the olive mixture on half of the slices of bread, leaving the edges free.
2. Cut buffalo mozzarella into approx. 1 cm thick slices. Spread around the bread slices and top with the rest of the slices of bread.
3. Stir the milk, some salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Tightly press the bread slices together and turn in the egg milk.
4. Heat the pan on highest level up until the perfect temperature for roasting is reached. Switch to a medium level and put two bread slices in the pan. As soon as they start to lift from the pan, turn over and roast on other side.
5. Roast the other bread slices on both sides. Serve warm.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.