- 500 g flour
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 ts sugar
- 1 ts salt
- 150 ml milk, lukewarm
- 2 tbs oil
- 150 g yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 twig rosemary
1. Mix the yeast, sugar and salt. Make a well.
2. Add milk, oil, yogurt and egg. Remove the rosemary leaves from the stems, chop finely and add. Knead everything together into a smooth dough.
3. Cover and let the dough rise in a warm location for approx. 60 minutes.
4. Knead the dough again, divide into six pieces and roll out each one to a diameter of approx. 20 cm.
5. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level, place one flatbread in the pan, cover and roast for approx. 1 minute. Turn over the flatbread and roast until done for approx. 1 minute.
6. Roast the rest of the flatbread in the same way. After the second flatbread, roasting time increases to about 1½ minutes per side. If the browning is not sufficient, increase the level of the hob slightly.
- Serve the fresh flatbread with tzatziki and grilled meat or fish.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.