- 900 g eggplants
- 4 eggs
- 240 g breadcrumbs
- 240 g chopped parmesan cheese
- 120 g grated pecorino cheese
- 2 stalks parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper
- 2 L oil for frying
1. Fill pot with 150 ml water. Clean the eggplants, place in the Softiera insert and put this in the pot. Cover with Secuquick softline and close with the lid.
2. Heat the pot on highest level up to the soft window, switch to a low Level and cook for approx. 3 minutes in the soft area. At the end of cooking time, put the pot in the inverted lid, allow it to depressurize by itself and remove Secuquick.
3. Let the eggplants cool a little, peel, cut into pieces, and put in a bowl.
4. Finely puree the eggplants with a hand blender, add the eggs, half of the breadcrumbs, and both types of grated cheese, and mix well. Peel and finely chop the garlic, finely cut the parsley, add both to the bowl, season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Shape the eggplant mixture into small ball-shaped fritters and coat these with the rest of the breadcrumbs.
6. Add oil to the pan, heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level, add the fritters to the hot oil and deep-fry them until the turning point is reached. Turn over the fritters and deep-fry uncovered until done and the desired level of browning is achieved.
7. Remove the fritters, allow to thoroughly dry on paper towel and serve immediately when still hot.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.