- 2 egg
- 250 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 g flour
- 150 ml apple juice
- 5 sour apples (e.g., Belle de Boskoop)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 800 ml oil for frying
- flour for coating/turning
- 1 ts cinnamon powder
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat the whites with some salt until stiff. Stir the egg yolks with 100 g sugar, flour, and apple juice into smooth batter. Fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the dough.
2. Peel the apples, cut out the core and cut into approx. 1 cm thick slices, drizzle with lemon juice.
3. Add oil to the pan, heat on the highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level. Place the apple rings in the flour in batches, then coat in the batter, and deep-fry in the oil until golden-yellow, let drip-dry on paper towel. Deep-fry the rest of the apple rings in the same way.
4. Mix the rest of the sugar with the cinnamon and then turn the still warm fritters in the mixture. Serve hot.
- The apple fritters taste best served with a homemade vanilla sauce.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.