- 4 egg yolk
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- some vanilla sugar or grated tonka bean to taste
- 4 tbs Marsala (or another sweet wine)
1. Stir the egg yolk, sugar and some vanilla sugar or tonka bean (as desired) in the Combi bowl and beat with a whisk for approx. 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually stir in the Marsala.
2. Pour approx. 1 liter water into the pot. Heat the pot on the highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and place the Combi bowl on top of the pot.
3. Beat the cream for approx. 4 minutes until thick and creamy (don’t let the water start to boil).
4. Remove the Combi bowl from the pot and keep on beating until the cream has cooled down to a lukewarm temperature. Distribute the zabaione in the serving glasses and serve immediately.
- Zabaione tastes very good with fresh summer fruit. Simply distribute fresh raspberries or finely chopped fresh peaches, etc. in the serving glasses and pour the zabaione over top.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.