- 4 beef fillet medallions (approx. 150 g each)
- 2 ts coffee beans
- 1 ts coarse salt
- 1 ts cocoa powder, unsweetened (or 2 tsp AMC Cho Co)
- 1/2 ts red chili flakes (or AMC Intenso)
- 2 shallots
- 100 ml port wine
- 250 ml cream
- salt, pepper
1. Remove meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you intend to prepare it.
2. Put the coffee beans, salt, cocoa powder (or AMC Cho Co) and red chili flakes (or AMC Intenso) in a mortar and finely grind. Peel and finely cut the shallots.
3. Dab the meat dry with paper towel. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level, place the meat inside and roast until the turning point is reached.
4. Turn over the medallions, sprinkle each with ½ tsp of the spice blend, switch off the hob, close with the lid and unscrew the Visiotherm. Depending on the desired degree of doneness, roast until done. Remove the medallions and keep warm.
5. Switch the hob back on the highest level, add the shallots to the pan, and roast. Deglaze with port wine and reduce. Add the cream and reduce while stirring until the sauce is slightly creamy.
6. Puree the sauce together with 2 tsp of the spice blend with a hand blender and blend until slightly foamy. Serve with the medallions.
- Serve with pappardelle and crispy vegetables.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.