- 2 chicken breast (approx. 200 g each)
- 1 spring onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 25 g ginger
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 40 ml rice or cane vinegar
- 1 ts brown sugar
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 30 ml water
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 black peppercorns
1. Remove the chicken breast from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you intend to prepare it.
2. Dab dry the chicken breast with paper towel, clean the spring onion and cut finely.
3. Peel garlic and cut finely into slices, peel ginger and chop finely.
4. Mix soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and oil to a marinade, add ginger, garlic and the chicken breast. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
5. Remove chicken breast from the marinade and drain them, collect the marinade and strip off the garlic to prevent that it burns while roasting. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and roast the chicken breast until the turning point is reached.
6. Add the remaining ingredients, the marinade and the garlic. Heat the pan on highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 15 minutes in the vegetable area. Remove the lid and cook on a medium level for approx 10 minutes to reduce the sauce. Spreed spring onion over the top and serve.
- Serve with basmati rice, coconut chips and kalamansi lemons.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.