- 10 g gelatin sheets
- 1 vanilla bean
- 500 ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 80 g powdered sugar
- 200 ml cream
1. Soak the gelatin in cold water.
2. Slice open the vanilla bean lengthwise with a sharp knife and scrape out the pulp. Add the vanilla bean, vanilla pulp and milk to the small pot.
3. Bring the milk to a boil, remove from the hob and remove the vanilla bean.
4. Add approx. 1 liter water to the large pot, heat on the highest level until it begins to steam and then switch to a low level.
5. Add the egg yolks and powdered sugar to the Combi bowl and stir well together. Stir hot milk into the egg yolk mixture. Place the Combi bowl on the pot and beat the cream using the bain-marie method until a thick, creamy foam is created.
6. Thoroughly squeeze out the gelatin, dissolve it in the warm cream and then chill. Whip the cream until stiff and fold into the mixture until it starts to gel.
7. Divide the dessert into glasses and chill for at least 6 hours.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.