- 1 organic lemon
- 1 ginger
- 500 g apple
- 50 ml apple juice
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g whole-grain buckwheat
- 20 g almond slivers
- 300 g yogurt
- 1 tbs liquid honey
- 150 g cream
1. Wash the lemon under hot water and dry it off, then peel off a thin strip using a vegetable peeler and juice the rest of the fruit. Peel and finely grate the ginger.
2. Peel, quarter and core the apples and slice them horizontally into rings.
3. Place the apple slices, lemon peel, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, ginger and apple juice into the pot. Heat the pot at highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 5 minutes in the vegetable area. Once the cooking time is over, let cool and discard the lemon peel.
4. Place a sheet of baking paper on top of a dish towel.
5. Add around 1 tablespoon of sugar to the pan and turn up the heat to the highest level. As soon as the sugar begins to melt and turns darker, switch to a low level. Add the rest of the sugar little by little and allow it to caramelize until golden brown. Add the whole-grain buckwheat and almonds and toast until they are also golden brown.
6. Spread the caramel mixture across one side of the baking paper, then fold the other side of the paper over it. Roll it out as flat as possible using a rolling pin (with caution, as it will be hot!) and then let cool.
7. Stir together the yogurt and honey, whip the cream and stir it into the yogurt-honey mixture.
8. Divide the apple chunks among several bowls or glasses, then layer the yogurt mixture on top.
9. Garnish with a small piece of broken-off brittle, then chop the rest and sprinkle it over the yogurt. Garnish with additional brittle pieces and serve immediately.
- Instead of buckwheat, you can also make the brittle using sesame or sunflower seeds.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.