- 1 cup red gram dal
- 1 cup water
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbs tamarind paste
- 3 green chillies, slit
- 1/2 ts turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 ts oil
- 1/2 ts mustard seeds
- 1/2 ts cumin seeds
- 1/2 ts black gram dal
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 whole red chillies, broken
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 ts coriander leaves, chopped
1. Place the red gram dal in a 20 cm 3.0 l along with water, tomatoes, onions, tamarind pulp, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
2. Close the pot with Secuquick softline, switch on Audiotherm, fit it on Visiotherm and turn it until the turbo symbol appears. As soon as the Audiotherm beeps on reaching the turbo window, set hob to low level and cook until the indicator appears in the second turbo window.
3. Place Secuquick in the inverted lid and leave Secuquick to depressurise by itself.
4. For the seasoning put the mustard seeds in a 16 cm pot and set hob at highest level. Heat pot up and once you hear the splattering sound, open the lid and add the remaining ingredients.
5. Pour the seasoning over the dal and garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.
6. Serve along with steamed rice/ roti.
- Add any vegetable like bottle gourd or ridge gourd to make it as vegetable dal.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.