- 200 g red gram dhal
- 2 cups water
- 1 ts oil
- 5 g mustard seeds
- 5 g cumin seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 100 g onions, sliced
- 100 g tomatoes, chopped
- 150 g carrot, sliced
- 100 g radish, sliced
- 1/2 ts turmeric powder
- 1 ts chili powder
- 30 g tamarind pulp
- 2 tbs coriander leaves
1. Place washed dhal in the pot. Add water, close the pot with Secuquick softline. Place the pot on the hob and set it at highest level. Switch on Audiotherm, enter approx. 1 minute cooking time, fit it on Visiotherm and turn it until turbo symbol appears.
2. At the end of cooking time, switch off the hob, place Secuquick in the inverted lid and leave it to depressurize by itself.
3. For seasoning, place the pot on the hob and set it at highest level. Switch on Audiotherm, fit it on Visiotherm and turn it until the roasting symbol appears.
4. As soon as the Audiotherm beeps on reaching the roasting window, open the lid, add oil, followed by mustard, cumin, curry leaves and onions.
5. Roast onion till they turn light brown in colour. Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and cook till tomatoes soften.
6. Now add the vegetables, carrots, radish along with tamarind pulp and salt to taste.
7. Open Secuquick and mash dhal. Add the seasoning to the mashed dhal. Add 4 cups of water and cook till vegetables soften. Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot with rice.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.