- 600 g fennel
- 2 onions
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 ts fennel seeds
- 3 oranges
- 2 twigs thyme
- 500 g pork fillet
- salt, pepper
- curry powder
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1. Clean the fennel bulbs and cut into fine strips. Peel and finely cut the onions and ginger.
2. Grind the fennel seeds using the back of a knife or in a mortar.
3. Segment the oranges into fillets. To do this, use a sharp knife to cut off the peel incl. the white skin and cut out the segments by cutting between the membranes and collecting any juice created. Chop the thyme leaves.
4. Heat the pot on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level, dap the fillet of pork dry with paper towel, place in the pot and roast on all sides. Remove and season with salt, pepper and curry powder.
5. Add onions, ginger and fennel seeds and briefly roast while stirring. Add the fennel and thyme and roast briefly.
6. Deglaze with orange juice and add half of the orange fillets, place pork fillet on the vegetables.
7. Heat the pot on highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level and cook for about 12 minutes in the vegetable area.
8. Remove the pork fillet and keep warm. Add the rest of the orange fillets to the vegetables, season to taste with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
9. Cut the fillet diagonally into slices, arrange on top of the vegetables and serve.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.