- 1 red onion
- 60 ml apple cider vinegar
- 120 ml water
- 20 g sugar
- salt, pepper
- 800 g pork shoulder
- 1 ts chili powder
- 1/2 ts ground cumin
- 1 ts dried oregano
- 50 ml water
- salt, pepper
1. Peel the onion, halve, cut into fine strips and put in a preserving jar.
2. Bring vinegar, water and sugar to a boil in a small pot, switch to a low level, season to taste with salt and pepper and let simmer for approx. 5 minutes. Pour the hot stock over the onions and let stand for approx. 1 hour.
3. Remove the pork shoulder from the fridge approx. 30 minutes before preparation and dab dry with paper towel.
4. Dice the pork shoulder into approx. 1.5 cm cubes. Place the pot on Navigenio and heat on level 6 up to the roasting window, roast the diced meat on all sides. Add the chili powder, cumin and oregano, briefly roast, deglaze with water and season with salt and pepper. Cover with Secuquick softline and close.
5. Heat the pot on level 6 up to the turbo window, switch to level 2 and cook for approx. 15 minutes in the turbo area. At the end of cooking time, put the pot in the inverted lid, allow it to depressurize by itself and remove Secuquick.
6. Remove the diced meat without the juices; then drain the juices. Put the meat back in the pot. Put the pot in the inverted lid, place the Navigenio overhead, switch to high level, then bake for approx. 10 minutes until the pieces of meat are slightly crispy.
- Put the carnitas and the pickled onions in small corn tortillas. Serve with lime wedges and chili mayonnaise.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.