- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small red chili
- 2 tbs sugar
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 3 eggs
- salt, pepper
- 40 g fine polenta
- 2 tbs flour
- 50 g Parmesan
- 25 g butter, melted
- 50 ml carbonated mineral water
- 280 g drained corn (canned)
- 3 stalks basil
1. Scald tomatoes with boiling water, remove the skins, cut into eighths and de-seed.
2. Squeeze out the inside of the tomatoes in a fine sieve and collect approx. 200 ml of tomato juice.
3. Peel the onion and garlic, core the chili and finely cut everything.
4. Add the sugar to the pot, heat the pot on highest level. As soon as the sugar begins to melt, switch to a low level and lightly caramelize the diced onion, garlic and chili pepper and roast briefly.
5. Deglaze with tomato juice and vigorously reduce. Fold in the tomato eighths, generously season and keep warm.
6. Finely slice the chives. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat the whites with some salt until stiff.
7. Mix the egg yolks and chives up to and including the corn kernels and fold in the egg whites.
8. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and add approx. 6 small mounds of the mixture into the pan.
9. Cover with the lid and roast for approx. 2 minutes. Turn over and roast covered until done for approx. 2 minutes.
10. Remove from the pan, keep warm and roast the rest of the mixture in the same way.
11. Plate the corn patties with the tomatoes and garnish with plucked basil.
- Tomatoes aren’t only very low in calories, they are also rich in many valuable ingredients, such as the secondary plant substance “lycopene”. Lycopene can lower the level of “unhealthy” cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) in the blood and helps to protect cells for healthy skin.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.