- 1 bunch soup base vegetables (leek, carrot, celeriac, parsley)
- 1 onion
- 1 chicken (ready to cook, approx. 1.2 kg)
- 2 L chicken or turkey broth
- 2 carrots
- 3 sticks celery stalk
- 150 g rice
- 3 tomatoes
- 150 g frozen peas
- salt, pepper
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
1. Clean and dice the soup base vegetables. Wash the onion and discard the stem and roots.
2. Put all the ingredients, including the chicken and broth, into the pot, then place the Secuquick softline on top and close.
3. Heat the pot at highest level up to the turbo window, switch to a low level and cook in the turbo area for approx. 30 minutes.
4. Peel the carrots, clean the celery stalk and mince both vegetables. At the end of the cooking time, depressurize the pot and remove the Secuquick.
5. Let it rest briefly, then remove the chicken and allow to cool a little. Remove the skin, then strip the meat off the bones. Then allow to cool completely.
6. Strain off the broth, add the rice, carrots and celery, heat the pot at highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 15 minutes in the vegetable area.
7. Cut the chicken into small pieces. Pour boiling water over the tomatoes, then quickly run them under cold water, remove their skins and cut them into eighths.
8. Add the peas to the pot, heat the pot at highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 5 minutes in the vegetable area.
9. Add the tomatoes and meat, then wait for the dish to heat up again. Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Pluck the parsley leaves off the stems, chop finely, and sprinkle over the stew to serve.
- Freshly prepared chicken broth isn’t just delicious – it’s also a great way to warm up from the inside out and can even help you recover from a cold, as chicken soup helps protect mucous membranes and the nutrients it provides strengthen the immune system.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.