- 1 iceberg lettuce (approx. 250 g)
- 250 g red cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch coriander
- 350 g raw peeled shrimps
- 12 rice paper sheets
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 small red chili
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- 100 ml chicken broth
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 2 ts AMC Red Delight
- 3 tbs lime juice
- 1 ts brown sugar
1. Clean the iceberg lettuce and red cabbage; cut into very thin strips. Peel and slice the carrot into thin strips. Clean the cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and cut into strips. Halve the avocado, remove the pit and the flesh of the fruit from the skin and cut into stripes.
2. Remove the coriander leaves. Rinse the shrimps with cold water and dab dry with paper towel. Peel and cut finely the garlic and ginger; clean the chili and cut finely too.
3. Heat the Wok on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and roast the shrimps while turning until they become red. Remove the shrimps from the Wok and let cool.
4. For the dip, add garlic, ginger and chili to the Wok and roast briefly. Add tomato paste and stir everything well; deglaze with chicken broth. Add the other ingredients; boil down uncovered for approx. 5 minutes. Pour the dip into a small bowl and let it cool.
5. Pour plenty of cold water into a wide bowl. Dip a rice sheet in water for approx. 1 minute and place on a clean, damp dish towel.
6. Place three coriander leaves, four shrimps and some of the vegetables on the center of each rice sheet. Fold in the side edges, roll up from the bottom and place on a plate. Cover the finished rolls with a damp dish towel. Shape the rest of the rolls in the same way.
7. Serve the summer rolls with the dip.
- Always place rice sheets in the cold water one after the other. This prevents them from sticking together and drying out while being filled.
- To replace AMC Red Delight use more fresh chili to taste.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.