- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 g butter, softened
- 60 g sugar
- 1 ts lemon zest
- 250 g flour
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 150 ml milk
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat the whites with salt until stiff.
2. Beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest until fluffy and add the egg yolks. Mix the flour and baking powder and gradually stir in, alternating with the milk.
3. Carefully fold in the egg whites at the end.
4. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and add approx. 6 small mounds of batter.
5. Roast the first waffle on highest level until the roasting window has been reached again. Turn the waffle and roast until the turning point has been reached once again.
6. Take out the first waffles, add six small scoops of batter to the pan and roast both sides to the turning point. Best served warm.
- The waffles taste best warm. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with jam, chocolate spread or some vanilla ice cream. Or stick the waffles on sticks, dip them in liquid chocolate and then decorate with rainbow sprinkles.
- If you reduce the normal amount of sugar for the dough to 50 g, stir 1-2 tablespoons of granulated sugar into the batter to give the waffles an extra-fine crunchy effect.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.