- 1 untreated orange
- 230 ml water
- 25 g butter
- 130 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 750 ml oil for deep frying
- powdered sugar for dusting
1. Wash the orange in hot water and zest the peel. Add the water, butter and orange zest to the pot and bring to a boil on highest level.
2. Switch to a low level, add the flour all at once and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until a smooth ball of dough is formed that lifts off the bottom of the pot. Continue stirring for approx. 1 minute.
3. Put the dough in a bowl, stir in eggs, keep stirring until a smooth dough is formed. Fill the dough into a piping bag with a large star nozzle and squeeze it onto the baking paper in strips of dough.
4. Add oil to the pan and heat on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and add the strips of dough to the hot oil. Cover with the lid and deep-fry until the turning point is reached. Turn the strips and deep-fry uncovered until they are golden brown.
5. Let the churros drain on paper towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Only use suitable oil for deep-frying: e.g., refined peanut or sunflower oil (it is best to follow the instructions on the packaging).
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.