- 150 g raw peeled jumbo shrimps
- 10 g ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 300 g minced meat (pork)
- 20 g sesame
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 20 fresh wonton sheets
- 1 spring onion
- 4 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
1. Finely chop jumbo shrimp. Peel and finely cut the ginger and garlic. Mix jumbo shrimp, ginger, garlic with mince meat, sesame, oyster sauce and sesame oil.
2. Place a teaspoon of the mixture in the middle of the wonton sheet. Make a ring with the left index finger and the thumb and place the dough on the ring. Use your right thumb to press the mixture down so that the sides become pleated and the sheet remains open at the top, like an open bag. Cover the folded siu mai with moist paper towel so that they don’t dry out.
3. Pour 150 ml water into the pot, line the sieve insert and Softiera insert with baking paper and spread the siu mai around inside. Place the Softiera insert inside and place the sieve insert on the pot. Close with the EasyQuick with the 24 cm sealing ring.
4. Heat the pot on highest level up to the steam window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 6 minutes in the steam area. At the end of cooking time, remove the EasyQuick, remove the sieve insert and remove the Softiera insert.
5. Clean the spring onion and cut into fine rings. Mix soy sauce with lime juice. Sprinkle siu mai with spring onion and serve with the sauce.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.