- 1 Zampone (stuffed pig’s trotter, approx. 1.3 kg)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tomatoes
- 300 g lentils
- 5 bay leaves
- 600 ml water
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar to taste
1. Pour approx. 200 ml water into the pot, place the oval insert inside it, put the zampone on top and close with the Oval EasyQuick.
2. Heat the pot on highest level up to the steam window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 60 minutes in the steam area.
3. Peel onion, garlic and carrots. Clean the celery and finely dice everything. Also finely dice the tomatoes.
4. At the end of cooking time, remove the oval insert with the zampone. Put all the diced vegetables with lentils, bay leaves and water in the pot, stir, add the zampone and close with the Oval EasyQuick.
5. Heat the pot on highest level up to the steam window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 30 minutes in the steam area.
6. At the end of cooking time, remove the Oval EasyQuick, season the lentils to taste with salt, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, cut open the zampone and serve with the lentils.
- Zampone and lentils is a specialty from Italy, which is mainly served there on New Year’s Eve. Zampone is a stuffed pig’s trotter that can be sourced from good butcher shops or purchased online.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.