- 800 g venison fillet
- 2 onions
- 2 pears
- 100 g mushrooms
- wild game seasoning
- salt, pepper
- 50 g bacon cubes
- 1 twig rosemary
- 1 twig thyme
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tbs cranberry sauce
- 100 ml red wine
- 100 ml port wine
- 100 ml cream
- thickener, as desired
1. Remove the venison fillet from the fridge approx. 30 minutes before preparation.
2. Peel and finely cut the onions. Peel the pears and cut into wedges. Clean the mushrooms with a brush or cloth and either halve or quarter them depending on their size.
3. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and roast the venison fillets until the turning point is reached. Turn over the meat and roast until the turning point is reached again.
4. Remove the meat, season with wild game seasoning, salt and pepper, and keep warm.
5. Roast the diced bacon, add the onions and herbs and roast. Add tomato paste, mushrooms, pears and the half of cranberry sauce.
6. Add the red wine, port wine and cream and bring to a boil. If desired, stirr the thickener with a little cold water and lightly thicken the sauce and season to taste.
7. Add the venison fillet again, switch off the hob and briefly let the meat heat up.
8. Before serving, remove the herb sprigs and serve with the remaining cranberries.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.