- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 2 spring onions
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 buffalo mozzarella balls
- 10 stalks basil
- 100 g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 100 ml vegetable broth
- 50 ml olive oil
- 50 g grated Parmesan
1. Clean and slice eggplant and zucchini into thin slices. Clean the spring onions, cut the green part into approx. 6 cm long pieces and halve the white part lengthwise. Cut off a lid from each of the tomatoes at the base of the stem and set aside. Cut the rest of the tomatoes into slices.
2. Place the pan on the Navigenio and heat on level 6 up to the roasting window, switch to level 2 and grill the vegetable slices and onion pieces for approx. 1 minute on each side.
3. Let the mozzarella drain and cut into very thin slices.
4. Put the basil leaves in the Quick Cut, add the pine nuts, lemon juice and vegetable broth. Very finely chop everything, gradually adding the olive oil until a pale green pesto has formed.
5. Assemble four small towers directly in the pan by alternating layering the vegetable and mozzarella slices, sprinkling some Parmesan between the layers. Top with a slice of mozzarella on the tower at the end.
6. Place the Navigenio overhead, switch to high level and gratinate for approx. 5 minutes until the mozzarella melts and is golden brown.
7. To serve, spread the pesto around on the plate and place a vegetable tower on top. At the end, cover with the tomato lids and serve warm.
- The mozzarella can be replaced with thin slices of fish fillet as another delicious variation. Simply brush the fish pieces with a little oil and roast them briefly in the pan with the vegetable slices.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.