- 2 cups basmati rice, washed and soaked
- 5 cups water
- whole spices (2 black cardamom, 2 green cardamom, 2 sticks cinnamon, 6 cloves, 2 bay leaves)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbs oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 green chillies, slit
- whole spices (2 black cardamom, 2 green cardamom, 2'' cinnamon, 6 cloves, 2 bay leaves, 1/2 tsp. saunf))
- 1 ts coriander powder
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 5 tbs coriander leaves, chopped
- 5 tbs mint leaves, chopped
- 150 g carrot, cubed
- 240 g potatoes, cubed
- 75 g french beans, chopped
- 150 g green peas
- 150 g cauliflower florets
- 1/2 ts turmeric powder
- 1 ts salt
- 1 ts chilli powder
- 1 cup yoghurt
1. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Put oil and onions in a 20 cm HotPan Prime, place it on hob and set at highest level. Switch on Audiotherm, fit it on Visiotherm and turn until the vegetable symbol appears. As soon as the Audiotherm beeps on reaching the vegetable window, remove the lid and cook until onions turn golden brown.
3. For the rice, set hob at highest level, pour water in a 24 cm pot and heat it up to the vegetable window using Audiotherm. As soon as the Audiotherm beeps on reaching the vegetable window, add washed and soaked rice with whole spices. Heat pot up to the vegetable window using Audiotherm. As soon as the Audiotherm beeps on reaching the vegetable window, set hob at low level, remove the lid and allow the rice to cook for 2-3 minutes until it is half boiled.
4. Strain the rice using a 24 cm Softiera insert and keep it aside.
5. For layering of biriyani, place a 24 cm 5.0l pot on hob and set it at highest level. Heat pot up to the roasting window using Audiotherm.
6. As soon as the Audiotherm beeps on reaching the roasting window, remove the lid and add oil, whole spices, onion and green chillies. Roast until the onions turn brown. Add coriander powder and marinated vegetables and mix everything.
7. Sprinkle coriander and mint leaves with roasted onions over the vegetables and layer the rice on top. Finally garnish with few coriander leaves, roasted onions.
8. Place pot on stove and set it at highest level. Enter approx. 15 minutes in the Audiotherm and cook until done.
9. Remove the lid, mix the rice and serve hot.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.