- 4 veal steaks (approx. 150 g each)
- 20 g dried morels
- 1 onion
- 100 ml white wine
- 150 ml vegetable broth
- 200 ml cream
- thickener, as desired
- 2 tbs brandy
- 5 stalks flat leaf parsley
1. Remove the steaks from the refrigerator approx. 30 minutes before starting.
2. Soak the morels in warm water for approx. 30 minutes.
3. Peel and finely cut the onion. Remove the stalks from the morels, halve the morels lengthwise, thoroughly rinse well under running water and finely cut.
4. Dab dry the steaks with paper towel. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and roast the veal steaks until the turning point is reached. Turn over the steaks and roast the other side too until the turning point is reached. Remove the steaks, cover and let rest.
5. Roast the diced onion and morels in the pan. Deglaze with white wine and broth, vigorously reduce. Add the cream, bring to a boil again and, if desired, stirr some thickener with a little cold water and thicken the sauce slightly. Season to taste with salt, pepper and brandy.
6. Place veal steaks in the sauce and let stand for approx. 5 minutes before serving.
7. Finely chop the parsley leaves, sprinkle over the morels and serve.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.