- 1 white cabbage (approx. 1,500 g)
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 100 g long grain rice
- 2 tbs red pepper paste
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 400 g ground lamb or beef
- 1 ts dried oregano
- 1 ts dried mint
- 1/2 ts cumin seeds
- 1 ts Dolma Bahari
- ground spicy “rose” paprika
- salt, pepper
1. Cut out stalk from the white cabbage. Put approx. 200 ml of water in the pot with the cabbage. Cover with the Secuquick softline and close the lid.
2. Heat the pot on highest level up to the soft window, switch to a low level, and cook for approx. 5 minutes in the turbo area.
3. Depressurize the pot and remove the Secuquick. Remove the white cabbage from the pot and carefully pull off approx. 12 individual leaves.
4. Peel and mince the onions. Clean tomatoes and dice. Wash and drain the rice.
5. Mix the onions, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of red pepper paste, rice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and ground meat. Add oregano, mint, cumin, the mixed spices, and paprika powder, season with salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
6. Spread the meat filling onto the cabbage leaves, fold in the sides, and roll up.
7. Mix the remaining olive oil and red pepper paste in the pot, add 800 ml of water, and bring to the boil. Layer the cabbage rolls in the sauce.
8. Cover with the Secuquick and close the lid. Heat the pot on highest level up to the soft window, switch to a low level, and cook for approx. 5 minutes in the soft area.
9. After cooking is finished, place the pot in an inverted lid and allow it to depressurize by itself.
- Dolma Bahari is a mixture of spices containing onions, bell peppers, pepper, garlic, chilies, parsley, oregano, coriander leaves, clove, peppermint, nutmeg, and cinnamon. It also goes by the name of “Köfte Bahari”.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.