- 1 onion
- 20 g capers
- 30 g pitted black olives
- 150 g drained tuna (canned)
- 50 g tomato paste
- 50 g red wine
- 1 ts dried oregano
- 1 onion
- 250 g risotto rice
- 150 ml white wine
- 350 ml vegetable broth
- 1 package saffron (approx. 0.2 g each)
- 50 g grated parmesan
- 50 g flour
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 800 ml oil for deep-frying
1. Peel and finely cut the onion. Finely chop the capers and olives and put everything in the small pan.
2. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and add tuna. Add the tomato paste, roast briefly and deglaze with red wine. Add the oregano and let simmer uncovered for approx. 10 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the hob and let filling cool.
4. Peel the onion, finely cut and add to the pot, heat the pot on highest level up to the roasting level, switch to a low level and lightly roast the onion.
5. Add the rice and roast briefly, deglaze with wine, add the broth and saffron, stir, cover with the Secuquick softline and close.
6. Heat the pot on highest level up to the soft window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 7 minutes in the soft area.
7. At the end of cooking time, depressurize the pot and remove Secuquick. Stir in the Parmesan, then let cool until lukewarm.
8. Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture into 12 portions. Flatten a serving of rice in the palm of your hand and put a tablespoon of the filling on top. Carefully cover the filling with the rice and shape into a ball.
9. Prepare two plates – one with flour and one with breadcrumbs. Whisk the eggs in a deep dish with a fork. Coat rice balls in flour first, then in egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
10. Add oil to the large pan, heat on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a medium level, add the rice balls to the oil and deep-fry them until the turning point is reached. Turn over the balls and deep-fry until they are golden brown. Remove the arancini and allow to drain on paper towel.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.