- 170 g flour
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 80 g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g butter
- 3 sour apples
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 20 g butter, softened
- 50 g caramel sauce
1. Quickly knead the pastry ingredients into a smooth dough. Between two sheets of clingfilm, roll out into round bases with a diameter of about 22 cm each. Chill dough bases for around 30 minutes.
2. Peel, quarter and core the apple. Slice into thin wedges and mix with lemon juice.
3. Cut out a circle of baking paper with the help of a 24 cm lid.
4. Place the baking paper in the pot and coat it evenly with the softened butter. Spread the caramel sauce over it and layer the apple slices in a fan before covering them with the layer of puff pastry.
5. Place the pot on the Navigenio and heat on level 6 up to the roasting window, then place the pot in an inverted lid. Place the Navigenio Overhead and switch to the small level, then bake for approx. 5 minutes until golden.
6. Let tarte cool for a few minutes, then tip out onto a cake platter.
- This tarte tastes wonderful with halved apricots or damson plums. As these fruits are very acidic, you may choose to leave out the lemon juice.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.