- 1 cup raw rice
- 1 cup green gram dhal without skin
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 pinch cardamon powder
- 2 cups jaggery, grated
- 1 tbs ghee
- 30 g raisins
- 30 g cashew nuts, broken
1. Place washed rice and moong dal in the pot. Add milk and water. Close the pot with Secuquick softline. Place pot on the hob and set it to highest level. Switch on Audiotherm, enter approx. 1 minute cooking time, fit it on Visiotherm and turn it until the turbo symbol appears.
2. As soon as the Audiotherm beeps on reaching the turbo window, set hob to low level and cook until done.
3. At the end of cooking time, switch off the hob, place Secuquick in the inverted lid and leave it to depressurise by itself.
4. For garnishing, place the small pot on the hob and set it at highest level. Switch on Audiotherm, fit it on Visiotherm and turn until the roasting symbol appears.
5. As soon as the Audiotherm beeps on reaching the roasting window, switch off the hob and roast the rasins and cashew nuts with ghee. Remove and keep them aside.
6. Open Secuquick and mash the dal rice mixture with a laddle and add jaggery. Place the pot back on the hob and set it at low level. Add grated jaggery and combine well, add cardamom powder, roasted raisins and cashew nuts and cook stirring constantly. Once it becomes thick, switch off the hob and serve hot.
- Add saffron stands soaked in milk for enhanced flavour.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.