- 800 g strawberries
- 100 ml orange juice
- 100 g sugar
- 50 ml orange liqueur
- 3 fresh eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 ml cream
- 250 g mascarpone
- 250 g ladyfingers
- peppermint and some strawberries for garnishing
1. Clean the strawberries, finely cut 1/4 of them and puree with orange juice, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and liqueur in a tall blender cup.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat the whites with some salt until stiff. Also whip the cream until stiff. Beat the rest of the sugar with the egg yolk until a light yellow and thick fluffy mixture forms. Carefully fold in the mascarpone, whipped cream and egg whites.
3. Place a layer of ladyfingers in the Lasagnera, pour half of the strawberry sauce over top and let soak.
4. Meanwhile, cut the rest of the strawberries into slices, put half of them on top of the ladyfingers. Then spread half of the cream on top of this. Add another layer of ladyfingers and spread the rest of the strawberry sauce over the top. After briefly soaking, add the rest of the strawberry slices and finally the rest of the cream over the top.
5. Close the Lasagnera with the lid and let chill in the fridge for at least five hours.
6. Garnish with peppermint leaves and strawberries before serving.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.