- 4 beef steaks (approx. 250 g each)
- salt, pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 thyme sprigs
1. Remove the steaks from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you intend to prepare them.
2. Pat the meat dry with a paper towel. Press the unpeeled cloves of garlic with the back of a knife.
3. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, place the steaks in the pan and roast, uncovered, until the meat is easy to remove from the bottom of the pan slightly.
4. Turn the steaks, season, then spread thyme and rosemary sprigs and garlic on the meat. After about 1 minute, put the lid on and remove the pan from the heat. Let rest until the desired cooking degree is reached.
- After browning, allow the steaks to rest according to the desired degree of cooking (for a thickness of approx. 3 cm): approx. 2 minutes for rare (bloody) approx. 4 minutes for medium (pink) approx. 6 minutes for well done (cooked through)
- Cooking without the lid is best for when the goal is to achieve a hearty crust.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.