- 2 duck breast with skin (approx. 300 g. each)
- pepper or AMC Pepper Trio
- 100 g wood chips for smoking
1. Remove the duck breast from the fridge approx. 30 minutes before preparation.
2. Dap the duck breast dry with paper towel, lightly score the duck breast skin crosswise with a sharp knife, and only season the duck breast meat with salt and pepper. Place inside the sieve insert with the skin side facing down.
3. Line the pot well with aluminum foil and put wood chips inside. Place the pot on the Navigenio and heat on level 6 up to the roasting window.
4. Place the sieve insert with the duck breast on the pot and close with the lid again.
5. Switch Navigenio to “A” and smoke for approx. 10 minutes in the 60°C program.
6. At the end of cooking time, remove the pot from the Navigenio and put the pan on the Navigenio. Heat on level 6 up to the roasting window, switch to level 3, place the duck breast in the pan with the skin side facing down, and roast until the turning point is reached.
- It will take a few minutes to reach the ideal temperature of 60°C for smoking. This wait is necessary for the Navigenio to heat in a particularly gentle way without allowing the temperature to get too hot.
- If you prefer to have the duck breast slightly more well-done, turn the meat once the turning point is reached and roast the meat side until the turning point is reached.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.