- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 800 g diced tomatoes (can)
- 1 tbs ajvar (spicy red pepper spread)
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- 1 ts sugar
- salt, pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 5 stalks parsley
1. Peel the onion and garlic, cut finely, and add to the pan.
2. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, then switch to a low level and rost for approx. 1 minute. Add the ajvar and tomato paste and roast them with the other ingredients for a short time. Add the chopped tomatoes and season.
3. Heat the pan on highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level, and cook for approx. 10 minutes in the vegetable area.
4. Add the eggs with the help of a soup ladle. Close the lid, leave the pan on a low level and allow the eggs to cook for approx. 13 minutes.
5. Drizzle the shakshuka with olive oil and serve with chopped parsley.
- Place each egg in one at a time using a soup ladle, press the underside of the ladle into the tomato mixture, and let the egg slide in.
- The eggs will be just soft in 13 minutes. For a runnier/more solid result, allow the eggs to cook for a shorter or longer period.
- Shakshuka is best eaten with fresh flatbread.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.