- 400 g mussels
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 200 g filet of fish (e.g. red mullet)
- 250 g short-grain rice (e.g. arborio/risotto rice)
- 400 ml fish broth
- 100 ml orange juice
- 1 package saffron (approx. 0.2 g each)
- chili powder / cayenne pepper powder
- 200 g unpeeled, raw jumbo shrimp
1. Wash and brush mussels and remove beards. Sort out any that are already open.
2. Peel and mince the garlic and onion. Clean and dice the bell pepper. Quarter, core and dice the tomato. Cut the fish filets into bite-sized pieces.
3. Add the garlic and onion to the pan, heat on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level, and roast the garlic and onion briefly.
4. Add pepper, tomatoes and rice, then add fish stock and orange juice. Stir in saffron and add mussels; season with salt and cayenne pepper.
5. Heat the pan on highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level, and cook for approx. 15 minutes in the vegetable area. Sort out any mussels that are not open.
6. Place the fish and shrimp on the paella, put the lid on and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve in the pan.
- Saffron is the most expensive spice in the world and is harvested from the saffron crocus in a highly labor-intensive process. Around 200,000 flowers will produce about 1 kg of saffron. It is an essential ingredient for risotto alla milanese, paella and bouillabaisse.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.