- 800 g firm potatoes
- 1 onion
- 30 g clarified butter
- salt or pan-fried potato spice mix
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes of about 2 cm. Peel and mince the onion.
2. Heat the pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level, and add the clarified butter to the pan.
3. Spread out the potato cubes in the pan and roast until the turning point is reached.
4. Turn the potatoes, add onion cubes and season. Replace the lid. Unscrew the Visiotherm so that excess moisture can escape.
5. Cook potatoes for about 20 minutes in all, turning occasionally. To finish, remove the lid entirely and allow the potatoes to get crispy for about 2 minutes.
- For a “Tyrolean-style farmer’s gröstl” variation: Along with the diced onion, also fold in small chopped pieces of sausage or bits of roast meat, then continue to cook as described. After cooking is finished, mix chopped parsley and chives together with halved cocktail tomatoes into the “gröstl” and serve.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.